One Incredible Child

We have only been home one week yet this sweet, incredible child acts like she has always been a part of our family. When I received our one and only update on her this summer, I stated to my youngest sister that she is definitely not the poster child for Chinese adoption. At that time, I had no idea that she really is one incredible child that no one would ever guess just spent 22 months in an orphanage halfway around the world. She is vibrant, happy, loving, and smart. She repeats everything and always has a story to tell.I can wait to understand what she is saying. When I asked Lila she responded "I don't know, she is speaking English". We often her her saying uh-oh. The girl loves to eat and is just in awe that she is allowed to get a snack whenever she wants. She wants to be a big girl who eats out of a big bowl with a big fork or spoon. She loves to drink water out of a water bottle and thinks drinking out of a mug is pretty cool. This girl does not need music to sing and dance. She loves each one of us and shows it with wide smiles, giggles and kisses. She loves that her Daddy spoils her and that her Mama is nearby. I love the way she says Mama like a Chinese woman and how easy she is to put to sleep. She truly is one incredible child!

1 comment:

  1. Your daughters are BEAUTIFUL!! I loves following the journey to China, and can't wait to read more about being home! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!
    Ann Chaloux
    Amchaloux@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete